JoltVib

Grand Daddy I.U. Cause Of Death The Rapper Died At 54

Grand Daddy I.U.’s cause of death is not yet been revealed. Everyone is waiting to know the reason behind his death. 

His family, friend, and colleagues were in grief after they learned about his death. 

On December 13, Grand Daddy died at the age of 54. As per sources, he died in his sleep at his home. 

His friend and collaborator of I.U., DJ Chuck Chillout, was the first to reveal his death news publicly.

DJ Chuck Chillout revealed his death news with the late photo on Instragram and wrote, “Man, this one hurts. RIP to cold chillin artist MC @granddaddy_iu. Rest well bro u. Will be miss[ed],” he wrote next to a photo of the late MC on instragram.”

Grand Daddy I.U., also known by his actual name Ayub Bey, was a rapper-producer and a member of the legendary Juice Crew. 

He earned fan following through his successful career and became a role model for many. 

Later his manager also revealed that on her Twitter account, she wrote, “I’m not okay, Anyone who really knows me knows how much pure love and respect I had for him, and out of respect for him and his family, I’m staying quiet right now.I do not need to post pictures or stories to profess anything. I pray for a peaceful and easy transition,” 

While several sources confirmed his death news on their website and paid tribute, prayers, and condolence to his family.

Grand Daddy was born in Queens, N.Y., and spent his childhood in Long Island’s Hempstead. He is known as a musician, rapper, and singer. 

First, he started his career with his brother, Kay Cee. Later, he recorded a demo tape. In 1989, he signed a contract with Biz Markie for Cold Chillin Records.

In 1990, he released his debut singles “Something New,” “I’m Your Puppet,” and “Sugar-Free” all these songs received immense popularity. He  gained popularity while performing alongside his brother Kay Cee. 

Later he released his continues songs and albums.His debut album was “Lead Pipe,”  Grand Daddy I.U. released his another album, Stick to the Script, in 2007. His latest single, “Stay Fly,” dropped in July 2021.

Tributes were paid to him

HipHopDX sends condolences to Grand Daddy I.U.’s friends, family, and fans across the globe. Many Hip Hop community members also reacted to Grand Daddy I.U.’s passing, and his several fans around the world also condolence and prayers on numerous social media platforms.

L.L. Cool J wrote, “Rest in power King. HipHop was in your DNA. @granddaddy_iu Thank You for your contribution.

His riend DJ Chuck Chillout added: “Man this one hurts RIP to coldchillin artist MC @granddaddy_iu rest well bro u will be miss.”

Pete Rock paid tribute to him through his Instragram post. “Grand Daddy I.U. died peacefully in his sleep.”

Further, he said, “Rest in power King. HipHop was in your DNA. @granddaddy_iu Thank You for your contribution,” LL COOL J wrote in a separate Instagram post. Meth added in the comments section: “Whaaaaaat?! No way! Long Island Legend … rest in power King.”

A shocked Busta wrote: “Waking up to this crazy. RIP ALMIGHTY GDIU!!”

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCz0ZqlnWWUlrGlxYyiZK5lk5bCtLGMqJ1mnJWWwal7

Florance Siggers

Update: 2024-05-09